Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wish-fill Wednesdays

Phoebe Snow died last week. She was a popular singer-songwriter in the 70s, although she wrote, recorded and performed as late as last year. Her music was a large part of the soundtrack of my childhood as my mother was a huge Phoebe fan. I was sad to hear of her passing and found myself playing a lot of her music on my iPod last week. One of my favorite songs is "Harpo's Blues" and I thought the lyrics were just the thing to share on this Wish-fill Wednesday.

I wish wish I was a willow
And I could sway to the music in the wind
And I wish I was a lover
I wouldn't need my costumes and pretend

I wish I was a mountain
I'd pass boldly thru the
clouds and never end
I wish I was a soft refrain
When the lights were out 
I'd play and be your friend




So, what do you wish to be today? Get creative and please share it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment