Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 12: Sunday Spinners

My friend Cheryl took these. So nice to have pictures of the afternoon!
Today's creative road carried me down to Norfolk. I've been wanting to try spinning for some time now and today was the day. I went over to see the Sunday Spinners who meet the first Sunday of the month at the library. It was great. I asked a thousand questions and they answered so patiently and generously. I even got to try spinning on the wheel, both pedal and electric, and with a drop spindle. Spinning was much harder than I thought it would be, kind of like rubbing my stomach and patting my head at the same time, but after I've had a couple martinis. I tried to stay zen and remember how awkward it felt when I first learned to knit. I had much more success on the electric vs. the pedaled wheel, spinning a good nice yard of alpaca. Needless to say, research on wheel rental begins tomorrow. Fred's always said the knitting was a gateway drug...he was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment