Tuesday, June 15, 2010

First Day with New Camera


I took the plunge and bought myself a brand new camera. I'd been saving a little money over the last few weeks and decided to use for this special purchase. I haven't been this excited about an electronic device since my father took me to Value House and I put my first CD player on layaway. If I might quote our Vice President: "This is a big f&*@ing deal."

I'm headed to Ithaca, NY this weekend for a Wind Ensemble Reunion and I can't wait to use it while I'm there. Ithaca is filled with incredible gorges, so I'm thinking I'll have some pretty good stuff to shoot. Today, I took some starter shots out in the backyard to get a hang of things. Truth be told, the very first photos I took were of my friend Susan who owns the nail salon under my Pilates studio and my feet. I got a pedicure this afternoon and used the time to read through the Owner's Manual (Good Girl alter-ego insisted).

Look out Annie Leibowitz, there's a new girl in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment