Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 1: Superhero-ing for Lent


So Lent starts today. I love Lent. I love the idea of focusing for 40 days. It could be changing a bad habit or developing a new one. Giving up something bad for me or adding something good for me. I love the idea of being intentional for 40 days. Last year, I wrote everyday for 40 days and that was really fun. It got my creative juices flowing, which I loved, and it made me pay attention to the details of my day because more often than not, the inspiration for the day came from the mundane, ordinary things that make up most of my days. But boy there was some good stuff in the mundane.

This year, I'm going back to the creativity well. I've signed up for a 6 week online photo course called Elevate the Ordinary led by Andrea Scher of Superhero Photo and Superhero Journal. Every Monday through Thursday for the next six weeks, I will be getting a prompt to inspire me to get out my camera and shoot creativity, freely, and outside the box-ly. My first assignment came today and I choose the prompt: Elevate the Ordinary.


I've had the wire mannequin for a while and I just love her. I bought her for a mixed media thing, but I could never come up with the right project. So she's been sitting on my bookshelf waiting patiently. Today for her day. In this course, we are to be bold, make mistakes, get outside, use the natural light, and generally get a little "out there". I'm just now getting comfortable using more of my camera, and it felt good to get outside and play today.

Coincidentally, or not so coincidentally, my day ended with a phone call that brought me back to something that I thought I was not going to able to accomplish, but there will be more on that later. When I don't fight Creativity, she can be soooo rewarding.

Day 1 of 40 Days of Creativity...here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment