Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 7????


I think I'm off on my days of Lent. And since I just burned 20 minutes searching the Google-box for a numbered Lenten calendar I figured it's not so much about the number but the practice.

Spent the entire day giving the house a major cleaning. Pulled out beds, glued stuff back together, organized the yarn. I always find comfort in cleaning. It allows me to feel I have some control over something in the world and Lord knows I need to be reminded that I do, in fact, have some control over something in my house these days. Grabbed the camera and headed out to pick up the boy.


I took this photo today outside the Norfolk Public Library. Mother and child...it's been a day. I liked how the male shadow hovers in the background...boy, does THAT feel familiar. A strong presence, to be sure, but the mother is in the foreground. 

Anyhoo...


I posted this on my Superhero Photo Flickr group. I'm so intimidated. All the photos seem so much more artsy than mine. I deleted at least 25 crap photos just to post 4. I snap the picture, thinking it's going to be this powerful shot, but when I get home, it just looks so flat. I barely had any comments on the pictures I'd already posted. I'm suffering from creative anxiety. Screw it. I'm just going to keep at it. It's the only way I'll get any better.

PS: And I'm going to stop reading the comments!

PSS: Three deer jumped in from of the car on our way home this afternoon. We stared at each other for about 3 minutes before I remembered I had my camera in the car. I knew as soon as I pressed the button my shutter was too slow and the picture would come out blurry. That said, someone in my online could post this and I would think it was totally artsy...me, not so much. I think it's all in the attitude. Maybe I'll play with it and make it into something. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment