Sunday, October 2, 2011

Photo365 Week 1: In with cake, Out with a bang


One week ago yesterday was my 42nd birthday. I've seen various Photo 365 project on different blogs and websites. The challenge is to take one picture every day for a year. It looked like a pretty cool thing and participants seemed to get a lot out of doing it and my birthday felt like the perfect occasion to try it out. I did a little research and decided to download the Photo365 app (there are a several good options actually) thinking I'd have a better chance of success if I used my camera phone rather than the big clunker. Hopefully, I'll remember to snap a pic everyday, but let's face it, some weeks will be better than others.

I'm always feeling the need to "Live My Best Life" (thanks a lot, Oprah), but what I'm starting to realize is that although my "best life" is happens in the big, sexy moments, most of my authentic life happens in the everyday, not so sexy, sometimes truly mundane moments. And since there are a lot more of that stuff, I'd better start celebrating that or I might miss most of my actual living.

So, here is Week 1. In case the print on the scrapped page is too small, it reads:
My Birthday fell on a Sat this year.This should have been a good thing, but Fred had to leave for Buffalo that day.We had dinner at Davios on Fri, which was absolutely amazing from start to finish.Watched the Pats on Sunday, delivered my first batch of Knitters Knecklaces Mon and took Rocky to the vet Tues.Ended Wed night knitting.Thurs brought my mums into blossom but Fri night was wild.Around midnight, I heard glass shatter.I happened to be on the phone with Fred who heard it, too.I called the Police and they found the culprit. A sun catcher popped off my kitchen window into my sink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment