Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 1: Ash Wednesday


Well, it's been a while since I've actually participated in Lent. This has been a particularly brutal winter. My yard looks like Appalachia. Not that I've ever been to Appalachia. It's how I imagine Appalachia would look: odd tools left in the yard, large chunks of roof tiles strewn about the property, broken down sporting goods at the end of the drive, and a mailbox on a post that stuck in a large hardware bucket full of sand. The house itself still looks goods, but it appears that some hard living has taken place around it.

As it happens, this is a fairly accurate description of how my heart feels these days. So I figure Lent is a great time for some spiritual discipline with an eye towards spring cleaning. I will write every day for the next 4o days. I have no idea what I will write. I have no idea how long each entry will be. I don't really care. I'm just going to sit at the keyboard and see what comes up.

This should be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment