Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 23: Opening Day




Today is the first day of Connor's season. I love going to his games. It's always been a bit of an adventure. When he played for town teams and I had drive him, he liked to get there early. Really early. So we'd pack up the gear and hit the road. We often took back roads just to see what was going on outside our town. Sometimes we'd stake out places to stop and eat on the way home.

Now that he takes the team bus to the games, I'm on my own, but I don't mind a bit. I still like to get there early, so I can find a good parking space. The early season games can be cold, so I try to get the space that allows me to see the field from the car when I need to warm up. I bring a knitting project along and listen to the radio. I'll take pictures and text them out to family and friends.

Last year, I tried to juggle working at night and getting to his games. Not this year. Although I've had to sacrifice income, it's worth it. He wants me there and in these tricky teenage years, being wanted by your man-child: Priceless.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Bridgeton Way,Hopkinton,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment