Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Announcing: Wish-filled Wednesdays

Let me begin this post by saying that I am a believer in the power of prayer. I've seen it. I've done it. I've been the beneficiary of it. That being said...there's something about wishes.

Prayer, for me, carries a feeling of seriousness, both in its intent and outcome. I have prayed for seemingly frivolous things (Please, God, let me not get a speeding ticket from this police officer today), I always quickly add in a "and I'll never ask for anything this stupid again". But I've never, ever, ever qualified a wish. And I've never passed up an opportunity to make a wish. If I see a falling star, I'll make a wish. Birthdays; you better believe it. Judging by the number of "Please do not throw coins into this _________" I'm not the only one who wishes over just about any standing body of water.

I don't make wishes for nothing, either. I believe God is listening, wanting whimsy, joy, and my heart's desires for me and for all of us. I don't know about you, but the more opportunities I have to actively, consciously, and intentionally call for joy to come into my life, the better. There is something to pausing, thinking about what it is you'd really want, saying it out loud, and then sending it out and up. 

So with that being said: I, by the power vested in me by none other than my Creator, proclaim Wish-filled Wednesdays. 

I will be bold, silly, thoughtful, and yes, quite serious about my wish for the week, the day, the year. World Peace? Why not! Jeans that fit? Heck, yeah! 
  1. Pause and think about what you want, 
  2. Type it out, and 
  3. Post it. (Do me a favor and post on my blog as well as FB. I want to see if my Comment Box is working. Thx.)
If you have the ability to help someelse's wish come true, then by all means, grab your best pair of angel wings, strap 'em on and have at it. We're all angels in disguise anyway, but some days we just need a little push off our big, puffy cloud.

My First Wish:

I wish I could make peace with my muffin top

No comments:

Post a Comment