Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 36: Second Day of New Hope Training

Today's topic for training: child physical and sexual abuse. I had planned on working tonight after class. I'd given my clients a head's up last week that I might need to cancel class because I was unsure of how I would feel at the end of the day. By 2pm, I'd let them know that I would, in fact, need the evening to process the day. And I feel terribly guilty about it. But that's typical of me. I hold myself to this standard that I should be able to go through this training and maintain everything as is. I know I've done the right thing by practicing self-care, but it does not come easily to me, and I know that it's a hard thing for most women to practice.

Here are the words of wisdom that have been ringing in my heart and ears all day:



I am grateful for what I learned in training and for having a safe home to return to at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment