Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 37: Still going...

I completed my third day of DV training at New Hope today. The topics are hard, but the level of awareness and empathy I am developing around domestic violence and sexual assault will change me forever. And when I sat down tonight, feeling really tired, I told myself I could let writing go. I don't want my 40 Days of Writing to become achievement orientated and mucked up by striving for perfection, which is how I approach all goals in my life. This approach has served me well, but frankly, I'm tired. So as I snuggle in my bed with my knitting, watching the Bruins, I'm also watching the clock tick down to midnight and I realize that more than I feel the need to write, I want to write. I want to see the cursor blinking at me and what's going to come.

Day 37 and I'm still going at it. Not bad. Not bad at all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment