Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 40: It is Finished

We've just gotten home from Easter dinner with my parents. It's been our recent tradition to go to the York Harbor Inn and it's fantastic. On the way up, we got off the highway to drive along the coast, where I snapped this photo of this beautiful swan. I have no idea of its gender, but he gave off male energy so I kept referring to it as he and him. I was amazed by his size, elegance, and attitude. He was all sweetness and light while he was being fed, but once his Cheez-itz where all gone, he got pretty aggressive. I can relate to that.

On the way home, I started thinking about this last post in my 40 Day of Writing experiment. Actually, I've been thinking about it for some time now. I have enjoyed this challenge and it brought focus and meaning to Lent, something I have lacked for a number of years. Some days the words came so easily, I could barely keep up at the keyboard. Other days, the images drove the post. I learned a lot, but these are my top three:

  • There is value in a participating and committing to a creative discipline. Knowing I had to write everyday made me pay attention to the details in my life in a whole new way.
  • If I'm not feeling particularly inspired on a given day, it's okay. Having space to recharge is a good thing.
  • Being authentic, even though it feels risky at times,  is always the best bet. It just makes everything less complicated.
Huge, huge, HUGE thanks to all of you who joined me along the way. Your words of encouragement were such a gift to me. I will keep writing (there's no going back now) and I'm thinking of ways to open up the conversation and up the participation factor. After all, why should I be the one having all the fun?!

No comments:

Post a Comment